It protects you against claims by other persons resulting from damage or injury caused by your operations. Consider these examples:
- As a result of misuse or accident using a smoker, a fire starts on the property where you are working your bees.
- Someone, invited or uninvited, interferes with your bees and gets badly stung.
- A car with windows open passes your apiary, a bee stings the driver and there is an accident.
- Livestock, say a tethered dog or horse, is stung and dies in close proximity to your bees.
- Produce from your apiary is chemically contaminated and causes illness to consumers.